What to Look for in a Highly Skilled Realtor
With the current state of the real estate market (though it has cooled ever so slightly in the past few weeks), valley residents may be thinking of buying or selling a home. And it’s a great time to do so! Demand for homes is still very hot so those looking to sell can benefit greatly during this market. And those looking to buy their first home can rest assured that their dream home is still out there. But whether buying or selling, it’s vital to have a professional and highly skilled realtor to lead the process. Libertas Real Estate shares what to look for in a highly skilled realtor.
- Real Estate is their Full-time Job — With a hot market and fast-moving transactions, it’s important to work with a realtor that is widely available to their clients. Sometimes a contract comes down to a matter of hours or even minutes so it’s important that the agent is prepared to handle the deal as soon as it comes through.
- They Have Experience — Knowledge is power and the more experience an agent has, the more likely they are going to be able to serve their clients best in a time-crunch circumstance or with a difficult deal. But don’t discount a new realtor that’s just cutting their teeth in the industry. They’re likely to be very hungry to learn and often they have an experienced team behind them helping them through the process to develop their own valuable experience.
- They Know the Area — Homebuyers that have their heart set on a specific neighborhood may consider seeking an agent that specializes in that area. They will likely have their pulse on the community and knowledge about important criteria that the buyers have on their wish list such as good quality schools, proximity to conveniences and more.
- They “Get” What You’re Looking for — Speaking of that wish list, a highly skilled and valuable realtor is one that listens to their clients’ needs and respects their non-negotiables. A professional realtor should never push clients into a home that isn’t really what they want. Homebuyers and sellers should feel comfortable and trust their agent to work in their favor and respect their wishes when it comes to the “big things” that will ultimately be the client’s dream home.
- They Offer Their Professional Advice — The homebuying and selling process can be quite complex. Those that don’t have a real estate background are relying on a trustworthy agent to guide them through the process. That’s an important responsibility and one that most agents take very seriously.When the agent offers their advice, it’s important the homebuyer or seller trust them enough to follow their recommendations and heed their professional advice.
Looking for a highly skilled, professional realtor? Libertas Real Estate has branches and experienced agents all over town that are ready and waiting to help!